FAQs about Ushood ("you should")
How the heck do you pronounce Ushood®???
- This one you should know! It’s as easy as “You Should” ….As in, Ushood protect your skin!
What makes Ushood® unique and why do I need one?
- Ever have a great vibe on the mountain, trails or campsite crushed b/c wind, sun, cold, rain or snow got in between the separation between different pieces of clothing? That's called gappage, and nobody's got time for gappage. Our custom all-in-one design eliminates all gappage from hood to hem, keeping you fully protected and comfortable.
- Our printed artwork are our own proprietary designs, created by founder & CEO, Cheryl.
Three great lines:
- Ushood® Pinnacles are all-in-one base layer tops that have an attached hood with a comfortable, snug fit to make sure you stay warm and comfortable.
- Made of a custom poly/spandex blend (86/14) with a brushed interior for added softness.
- Ushood® Litesides are quick-drying, breathable & protective sun shirts that make sure you don't get burned. NO GAPPAGE!
- Made of a custom poly/spandex blend (88/12) with a UPF50+ finish that is a product of SUNLIFE by NICCA that does NOT contain any chemicals on the RSL (Restricted Substance List).
- The Ushood® Reflective line is designed for safety with a pattern that refracts light so you are seen in low light conditions.
- The Ushood® custom design was focus-tested by a rowdy crew of professionals, athletes, kids and adults, resulting in multiple pattern revisions to ensure maximum comfort, durability and unobstructed vision when wearing the hood.
- Ushood® fabrics are super soft on the skin and the hood can be worn over the head, partially across the face or down around the neck. Let your Ushood® work for you, changing it up as you warm up or cool down.
- For the most comfortable fit and a flush hood, put the hood on your head and adjust by pulling at the back nape of the neck until you look or feel like a super hero.
- All Ushoods are designed to be slightly longer in the back for secure tucking. All adult sizes & most youth sizes have thumb holes. Our Ushoods have slightly extended arm length to ensure knuckle coverage while optional thumb holes are in use.
- Adult and youth sizes come in a wide range of great colors to suit individual personality and style.
Is the Ushood® waterproof?
- Ushoods are not waterproof, however the Liteside Ushood® is quick-drying, so if you do get a bit it wet during activity, it's sure to dry in no time.
- We're still not saying it's waterproof, but we just have to share this feedback.... One of our customers decided to see how our Liteside Ushood® would do as a rash guard while surfing, and he's blown away at how great it has worked for him with no damage - or sunburn - to date. Don't believe it? Check out the photo on the Ushood® In Action page!
- First, live and play hard in your Ushood®!
- As with any new garment you purchase, we recommend washing your Ushood® in cold water by itself for its 1st wash.
- When it’s time to clean it for the next adventure, the ideal way to care for your Ushood® is to wash it in warm water with mild detergent and line dry...or just hang by the hood.
- The textiles and garments are created and assembled in North Carolina, Maryland and New York, USA. We are very happy to support US communities with projects that create opportunities for employment.
- Both Ushood® and our textile company consider sustainability and eco-friendly products and processes of the utmost importance.
- We don't use any poly plastic bags or tags in order to limit destructive waste.
- We do use all natural fiber &/or recyclable packaging and tagless labeling.
- Our textile facility is Bluesign certified (bluesign.com), and our Ushood® facilities do everything we can to meet the highest standards of sustainable, responsible and safe business practices.
Where can I find discounts / promo codes?
- We love to offer discounts, and we frequently have a promo code active for customer savings.
- These codes are published on social media and in email blasts. Email subscribers will have access to exclusive promotions that are not posted on social media, so sign up!
- Promo codes may not be combined with any other offers. Only 1 discount code may be used per purchase.
- We at Ushood® stand by the quality of our products and work hard to ensure we provide top qualify fabric, design and construction. However, if you are unsatisfied with your Ushood® for any reason, you have the following options:
- You may return or exchange your unused item within 14 days of purchase.
- You must have a return approval code in order to complete your return/exchange. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your approval code.
- Any returned or exchanged items must be unused and unwashed.
- It takes 1-2 business days after receipt of the returned item to process a refund.
- Please note that it could take 5-10 business days for the returned item to be received at our facility. Please be aware that banks have varied schedules for returning credits to customer accounts.